Parent Resource Center » Enrolling Students

Enrolling Students

Welcome to Hamtramck Public Schools!

Parents/Guardians of children who are new to our district need to register students at the Department of Pupil Services, which is located at the administration building. We will walk you through the enrollment process with our enrollment team and answer any questions you have about our schools.

Our enrollment continues to grow each year and we are excited to have you join us!

Hamtramck Public Schools
Department of Pupil Services
3201 Roosevelt Street
Hamtramck 48212

(313) 872-2036


Parent/Guardian Information

A photo I.D. from the Parent/Guardian enrolling the child(ren).

A photo I.D. can be a driver's license, state I.D., passport or visa. This is for identification of the person only and doesn't require the current address to be on it.

NOTE: If someone is acting as the student's guardian, then we need to be provided with the proof of guardianship paperwork.

Residency Information
  • One of the following current proofs (within the past 30 days) with your name and address:
    • Gas, electric, phone, water, cable and/or property tax bill
    • Rent receipt
    • Formal signed lease/rental agreement
    • Verification of tenants through management of rental unit
    • Closing statement on the residence
    • Mortgage payment book or monthly mortgage statement
    • Home/renters insurance statement
    • Paycheck indicating home address
    • Official letter or statement from DHS/Social Security verifying home address

Student Information

  • Birth certificate (must be translated into English), passport, visa or green card
  • Up-to-date immunization records
  • Most recent report card
  • Transcript for grades 10-12
  • IEP (most recent, if applicable)
  • 504 Plan (if applicable)

Kindergarten Information

  • Health Appraisal (form available at residency office)
  • Kindergarten Waiver (required if the child turns five years old between September 2nd to December 1st of that school year)

For additional information, please call (313) 872-2036.