WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE FIGHTING COUGARS
Anthony Kiner, Principal
Kristen Hurt, Assistant Principal
ABOUT KOSCIUSZKO MIDDLE SCHOOL
Kosciuszko School is home to the 7th and 8th graders of Hamtramck as well as 7th and 8th graders that apply and qualify for our School of Choice. We are named after the famous Polish-American Revolutionary war hero, General Thaddeus Kosciuszko. Kosciuszko Middle Schools was originally an elementary school, but became a middle school in the 1970s. Our enrollment is approximately 400 students from varying racial, cultural and ethno-linguistic families. Five continents of the world are represented in our student body, whose native languages number close to twenty.
POINTS OF PRIDE:
- Outstanding and comprehensive core curriculum including mathematics, science, language arts, social studies and reading for all students taught by highly-qualified certified and dedicated teachers.
- Three new computer labs with wireless laptops and flat screen monitors. In addition, new computers and printers for students' use in each classroom.
- Complete facilities for students, including media center, gymnasium, science lab, a 300 seat auditorium, state of the art gym and fitness equipments and expanded lunch menu including salad and fruit juice bar as a result of the three-year "Generations With Promise-Kellogg Foundation" grant to improve the health and fitness of our students.
- Award winning Band Program
- Advanced classes in all core areas.
- 6.S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mechanics) Class, an introductory course using the latest in modern technology.
- Award winning Robotics team-state and national competitions.
- National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Lego Robotics, and HOPE Program.
- Team sports (basketball, football, baseball, softball, cheerleading and soccer).
- Administrative updates for parents.
Kosciuszko Middle School and the Hamtramck Public Schools District are committed to academic excellence and to providing a safe school environment. Please feel free to come, visit and see for yourself the wonderful opportunities waiting for you and your child at Kosciuszko Middle School.
Kosciuszko Middle School (7-8)
Hamtramck, MI 48212
Phone (313) 365-4625
Fax (313) 365-4760