Welcome to Hamtramck Public Schools!
We are taking enrollments for the 2020-21 school year! Our enrollment continues to grow each year and we are excited to have you join us!
Below are instructions on how to begin enrolling your child in Hamtramck Public Schools through our online enrollment process. You can take pictures of the required enrollment documents with a smart phone or document scanner and upload them during the enrollment process at the end.
Complete the online pre-enrollment process at:
A photo I.D. from the Parent/Guardian enrolling the child(ren).
A photo I.D. can be a driver's license, state I.D., passport or visa. This is for identification of the person only and doesn't require the current address to be on it.
NOTE: If someone is acting as the student's guardian, then we need to be provided with the proof of guardianship paperwork.
- Gas, electric, phone, water, cable and/or property tax bill
- Rent receipt
- Formal signed lease/rental agreement
- Verification of tenants through management of rental unit
- Closing statement on the residence
- Mortgage payment book or monthly mortgage statement
- Home/renters insurance statement
- Paycheck indicating home address
- Official letter or statement from DHS/Social Security verifying home address
- Birth certificate (must be translated into English), passport, visa or green card
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Most recent report card (1st-8th grade) or transcript (9th-12th grade)
- IEP (most recent, if applicable)
- 504 Plan (if applicable)
- Health Appraisal
- Kindergarten Waiver (required if the child turns five years old between September 2nd to December 1st of that school year)
- Must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2020.
- Proof of income in required for the program.
* Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the Great Start Readiness Program for preschool. Acceptance is based on income and risk factors. Additional paperwork will be sent to you before acceptance can occur from Early Childhood Elementary.